It’s easy to start; pick your passion, make the phone call and decide where to make a difference and CHANGE LIVES!
Volunteer Programs and Eligibility
SEICAA RSVP provides service opportunities for those who want to make a difference in their communities while maintaining the flexibility to decide who, where, and how frequently they serve. Additionally, SEICAA RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to serve their communities. SEICAA RSVP volunteers provide a few hours to more than 40 hours a week in a variety of community services, such as:
- Mentoring and Tutoring children in classrooms
- Preparing, serving and delivering meals to home-bound citizens
- Assisting with exercise, health, and recreational activities at Senior Centers
- Performing a variety of jobs in hospitals
- Helping community organizations operate more efficiently
- Assisting Veterans with community events
RSVP volunteers must be at least 55 years of age and have the desire to utilize their talents in ways they have always wanted but never had the time.
RSVP volunteers are able to put their unique talents to work for community and faith-based organizations that are significant to them. In addition, they receive the following benefits:
- On-the-job training from the agency or organization where they are placed;
- An invitation to SEICAA RSVP’s annual Volunteer Recognition Banquet;
- Supplemental insurance while on duty;
- Mileage reimbursement to and from volunteer station
People interested in volunteer opportunities can contact the RSVP Office at SEICAA, (208) 232-1114 (option #5). We can help you with enrollment and with finding an opportunity that suits your interest and availability. Both short and long-term assignments are available. Or: If you are already volunteering, we’d like to talk to you about joining RSVP — you will receive the benefits noted above, and for no more effort than filling out a time sheet, you will help sustain and enhance the RSVP program in our region.